Melamine foam provides thermal insulation properties and high sound absorption making it useful in the automotive manufacturing and alternative energy industries.
Melamine is a flexible, open cell foam made from melamine resin, a thermoset polymer. Its characteristic feature is its three-dimensional network structure consisting of slender and thus easily shaped webs and provides abrasiveness when the material is used as a cleaner. Melamine’s most known and common use is as a cleaning scrubber. It is found in a variety of popular “dirt eraser” cleaning products used in many households today. The low smoke and flame properties of melamine foam prevent it from being a fire hazard.
- Cleaning scrubber
- Low weight
- Low-temperature flexibility
- High sound absorbtion capacity
- Foam Tapes
- Good thermal insulation properties
- Constant physical properties over a wide temperature range
- Decorative Packaging
- Application temperature up to 240° C, 465° F
- Flame resistance